Malaysia has been the pool of golf courses and golfers where any sports lover can witness over 200 golf courses throughout the country. Laden with utmost scenic beauties and cultural arena, the country has been seen as one of the best golf destinations in South East Asia where golf remains accessible.
Another reason of Malaysia being a startling pool for avid golfers is the skyrocketing green fees in China and Japan. While playing golf, the golfer can enjoy the cool hills or tea plantations or vehement grass keeping of the course.
There are many top listed course designers such as Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Greg Norman and Max Wexler who have collaborated their name with country’s many top courses. Propelling towards a more green and golfing future ahead, we have listed Malaysia’s top or highly demanding courses and the access methods.
The Kelab Golf Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah is a 27-hole layout golf course and is connected with royalty. How!?
The course was vehemently designed by 5-times Open Champion, Peter Thomson who is one of the "kings" of the game. Thomson has constantly developed undulating layouts in the course which consists of three nine-hole loops symbolizing President, Sultan and Alam Shah.
So how can you get at this nature’s paradise:
- 24 Kms West from Kuala Lumpur
- KGSAAS is located in the Northern part of Shah Alam township
- The closest landmark is the Blue Mosque and opposite the Shah Alam stadium.
- From the new Klang Valley Expressway, exit at the Shah Alam Interchange and follow signs of KGSAAS.
Popular as 'The Home of Night Golfing' among the mass, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Golf & Country Club is seen crowded during the night. Hop in this Mediterranean style golf clubhouse and enjoy pro shop, café terrace with outdoor grill, and health centre with sauna and Jacuzzi.
Danau Golf Club is an 18-hole par-72 course which comprises cow grass fairways, best in Malaysia. This challenging course has 18 holes at and is also very challenging. The length of the course is very reasonable and great for hitting good shots. The fairways are tough and the greens and surrounding complexes are deceiving which makes it an interesting ground for golfers.
Here is the way to reach the luxe of Danau Golf Club:
- Takes 109 mins from LRT Bukit Jalil to Danau Golf Club
- Take Metro – 4 or
- Take Train – 1 or
- Bus - T462
The golf club resides in the heart of a beautiful 142-acre tropical rainforest. Designed with a championship layout, this golf course is touted to be in the list of top five in Malaysia. Without traffic, it takes around 40 min drive from Kuala Lumpur.
This most sought destination is built in a 3,306 m2. With all recreational facilities and activities, it has fully-lit tennis courts, snooker room, resort-style swimming pools and a fully equipped fitness centre.
How to reach Impian Golf Club by metro and bus:
- 71 mins from Sunway Putra Mall, Kuala Lumpur to Impian Golf & Country Club
- To reach, take Metro – 4 and Bus - 452
As the tagline says “Where the Eagles live and play”, Bukit Unggul Country Club is one of the most important courses positioned in the heart of the country’s Multi-Media Super Corridor of Putrajaya. Not so far though, it takes just 40 minutes from the Kuala Lumpur city centre to reach the club. This 18-hole par 71 5,858 metres long country club is carved from a 65-hectare valley by the wonder American architect, Ronald Fream.
How to reach there:
You access Bukit Unggul Country Club from the major highways. And the approximate time-taken is:
- 10 minutes drive from Bangi Toll
- 15 minutes drive from Sungai Besi Toll
- 20 minutes drive from KLIA in Sepang
- 20 minutes drive from New Putrajaya Link
Monterez Golf & Country Club has been inspired by the Maya civilization which is one of the most advanced civilizations till date. You can easily witness the ancient traditions of the civilization in Monterez’s architecture, lifestyle and culture. The golf course is known for its wide fairways, scenic 18-hole par 71 sprawls over 123 acres, featuring beautiful lakes, ponds and man-made waterfalls.
How to go there:
Monterez Golf & Country Club resides in the serene environment of Bukit Cerakah, Shah Alam.
It is around 30 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur, 20 minutes from Petaling Jaya and Klang, 10 minutes from Subang Jaya and 5 minutes from Shah Alam.
- From KL Sentral – 30 minutes’ drive via highway E23
- From Petaling Jaya – 20 minutes’drive
- From Subang Jaya – 10 minutes’ drive
- From Shah Alam – 5 minutes’ drive
- Take Jalan Penkang Subang Road to reach easily there
Launched in 1998, Seri Selangor Golf Club in Kota Damansara is an 18-hole, 6,464 meters, par-72; course, which is loved by masters and pros. The beginners also like this course as much because of its balanced pricing system. In the extras – the golf course includes golfers terrace, pro shop, changing rooms, practice putting greens and function rooms. The clubhouse also caters annual dinners as well as weddings and seminars.
How to reach to this beauty:
- From Petaling Jaya CITTA Mall – 34 minutes’ drive
- From Kuala Lumpur – 22 minutes’ drive
- From Subang Jaya, Da Men Mall – 18 minutes’ drive
Nilai Springs Golf & Country Club is an amazingly 27-hole championship course which comes with the combination of 3 nines, namely Mango, Island and Pines. The water hazards have been generously spread and narrow fairways are tricky enough with bunkers to test the real golfer spirit inside you.
Polish your strategies to play in this well-designed course which comes with various types of beautiful difficulties.
Plan your journey:
- From Subang Jaya, Da Men Mall – 48 minutes’ drive
- From Kuala Lumpur – 43 minutes’ drive via E9 & E2
- From Petaling Jaya – 1 Hour drive (via AH2)
Kinrara Golf Club
A 9-hole course, Kinrara Golf Club has earned name among many pros or professionals. The golf course is strategically positioned in Puchong, Selangor. From pro shops to a wide driving range, the course also proffers space for tennis courts, swimming pool, fitness centre, sauna, clubhouse, banquet facilities.
If you are going there don’t miss the experience of Cocktail Bar in Coley; during Ramadhan, you can also visit Ramadhan Bazaars as well to amuse yourself.
How to spot the club:
- From Petaling Jaya – 31 minutes’ drive with heavy traffic (Lebuhraya Baru Lembah Klang)
- From Kuala Lumpur Sentral – 25 minutes’ drive (via Lebuhraya Kuala Lumpur - Seremban/E37 and Lebuhraya Bukit Jalil)
- 27 minutes’ drive from Bangi Toll
Templer Park Country Club
Templer Park Country Club is one of the highly rated golf course in Malaysia and boasts championship quality golf layout. Stun yourself by witnessing beautiful Bukit Takun limestone slopes at Templer Park Country Club. The 18-hole course layout was designed by the famous Japanese playing golf legend and architect, Masashi 'Large" Ozaki and planner, Kentaro Sato. It is the combination of flat and undulating terrain, measuring 6,725 yards and 7,143 yards from the championship tees.
Strategically positioned with narrow tree-lined fairways, sand traps and enormous lakes, this golf course is just perfect to test and polish your putting abilities.
Get the right directions:
- From Jalan Stesen Sentral – 27 minutes’ drive (via Route 1)
- From Bangi Toll – 54 minutes’ drive (with tolls)
- From Shah Alam – 36 minutes’ drive (via Lebuhraya Koridor Guthrie/E35)
Kota Permai Golf & Country Club
March 1998, Kota Permai GCC is an 18-hole championship golf course designed by top international course architect, Ross Watson. The course is one of the best golf courses in Asia. The hole no. 4 is the most beautiful hole on the golf course which comes with a water hazard stretching along the left of the fairway. It feels good reading about this course, right?
Residing at the heart of Kuala Lumpur, the course brings the best facilities to its golfers. And you can simply keep in your memory as the course has a large rendition of a squirrel as club’s logo.
- It takes around 40-56 mins from Kuala Lumpur Federal state to Kota Permai GCC.
- Take E10 highway from Kuala Lumpur as the fastest route
- From Shah Alam Stadium – 17 minutes’ drive (via Persiaran Tengku Ampuan and Lebuhraya Shah Alam/E5)
Ring our number - +60 3-9212 6695 (Malaysia) & +65 3163 7104 (Singapore) and we will be more than happy to serve you. We are waiting for you with a cake of hope; come fast! :)